In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Third From the Top.”
Head to “Blogs I Follow” in the Reader. Scroll down to the third post in the list. Take the third sentence in the post, and work it into your own.
The sentence I landed on came from – https://teenontheinternet.wordpress.com
“I’m not sure if this will happen.”.
This one got me thinking.. about all the things I would like to see in my future, however realistic, however silly, all possibilities.
I get married next year, and following that I like most would love to have kids. I like most would also like that promotion at work, which would see m and my family comfortable and financially stable. But I am to thinking about those type of possibilities, I wont want to be that serious. What are the little things that would just provide little moments of delight.
1. I would love to see Celtic football club win a European trophy again. I remember the UEFA cup final, I hear all about the Lisbon Lions, but I would love to watch my team lift a european trophy once again.
2. Perform in front of a crowd. I am a keen guitar player, and I also sing from time to time. I am likely nothing more than average, but to perform in front of a crowd, and have them enjoy it, would be a wonderful buzz for me. Im not sure I will ever be ready for this however.
3. Travel. I want my soon to be wife and I to travel a little. We have been on holidays together, and I have been on boys holidays before that, but I mean proper travel. Tic of the top places on our list that we would love to see. I picture visiting Rome and seeing the coliseum, picturing it at the time of the roman empire. I picture Greece, in the time of those ancient philosophers I read everyday.
I think of dining in Paris under the fireworks, and looking down agin only to be in New York for new year or St Patricks day.
4. I long for the day I get to wait for my dad outside his work, leaving for the last time, off to a life of retirement.
5. I long to play Football ( Soccer) in front of a stadium of people again. ( this one is already scheduled )
6. I tend to keep a journal. I write an everyday account of my life, but I also write down my thoughts on current affairs and philosophical ideas that I have. I find the ideas help me approach life the right way. I picture someone finding my journal, many years after my death, and finding it insightful. I want the reader to pass it on to another, and hope that this opens their minds to my way of approaching life and can in any small way effect their life.
7. At the end. I want people to have enjoyed my company, having felt that I was always trustworthy and a person to rely on. I would like people to think I lived my life in the right way.
These are all just thought, maybe one day realities. These are just some of the things, that if lived, would be little extra memories or legacies that I hope in some way would have made my life matter, even if just to me and those I hold close.